Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Wonder

I stare out at them

And wonder
What each world is like
Behind the eyes that watch
Me guide them
Through skip counting
And Calabria
With Tomie DePaola
And poaching
With Roald Dahl
And spelling
And journeys around the world
And back again

I wonder
When I see their crisp dresses
Or dirty shirts
Or tear stayed faces
When they come fed
Or hungry
Or bruised
Or not
What their lives are like
And how much more
They need from me
Than reading and writing
And math and science

I wonder
How what goes on
In their lives
And how some of them
Can even concentrate at all.

6 comments:

singkittyle000 said...

this is beautiful...my poems aren't quite as intricate...but here's one:

I can’t read when there are no books
I can’t sleep when there is no dark
This is no Hell or Heaven or anything at all
It’s Limbo, In between, Drunk


most of my poems don't have titles.

i'll post a few more...

singkittyle000 said...

I can’t keep shutting you out
I can’t even say you’re gone
This is no forgive and forget
It’s Tell Me Truth.


these were both written on 2/8/10

singkittyle000 said...

I don’t want your ATTITUDES

your FEUDS

your BLANKET on my HAPPY MOODS

I don’t want your BIG BOASTS

your “YOU’RE TOAST”

your HA-IN-YOUR-FACE-I’VE-WON-THE-MOST

Just give me a BREAK

a WELL-WORTH

DOGGONE

BREAK


3/2/10


that's it...there's so many more..but i'll only make u sit through those ^_^

Poetry in the Global Box said...

Singkittyle000...Your poems are great. Please keep posting them. There is a simple depth to them that is extremely appealing.

Post more :) and thanks for sharing.

youhana said...

nice

Divya said...

Oh nice! I wonder about all those worlds too, but you've nailed it in a way I've never said it before.